Do you currently own a home that you don’t love? Have you dreamed about the ‘perfect’ plan if you were to build your own home in the DFW Area?
The decision to purchase a home is scary. It’s even scarier to make the decision to build a new home not knowing what the process is.
Maybe you’ve driven past a new subdivision or community and have seen new homes you like, but thought “I can’t afford to build my own home” or “I don’t know enough about construction to have my own home built”.
You’d love to pick out your own floor plan and design choices, but how? Can you really afford to build your dream home? The answer is yes!
YOU CAN DO IT, TOO. JUST IMAGINE…
Being able to pick out your flooring, countertops, backsplash and paint color of your new home.
Customizing your floor plan to fit your lifestyle and needs. Bigger closet? Larger doorways? Electrical outlets to compete with the Griswolds? The potential is limitless.
A worry-free home backed by a 3rd party warranty - 1 year of workmanship, 2 years of systems (electrical & plumbing) and 10 years of structural and foundation, with a 10 year HVAC warranty.
Low energy and utility costs because our company values energy efficiency. Windows, insulation and a tight seal are just a few ways we make living in a new home affordable.
BUT HOW DOES THE BUILDING PROCESS WORK?
Many communities have a model home at the front of the community that is open daily. The model home serves several purposes. You are able to see an example of the type of homes built in that community and you are able to meet with a New Home Sales Counselor that will guide you through the entire process - from the moment you step in the door to the moment the keys to your dream home are handed over to you. We have have several communities and model homes to view in the Burleson, Arlington, Mansfield, Midlothian, Waxahachie and Waco areas.
Once you’ve committed to visiting a model home, here is what the typical building process looks like:
- Pick a floor plan available in the community that you love
- Pick a homesite/lot available in the community
- Discuss any structural customizations, such as adding a game room/media room or enlarging different areas of the home
- Once you’ve picked your options, plan and lot, you’ll sign a contract and put down a deposit to start the construction process
- Your plans will then be drafted by the architectural team to fit your specific needs and you get to go to the design studio to pick your selections!
- Once design selections are chosen, the home plans are sent to the city for permits. This process can take 4-6 weeks depending on the specific entity.
- Once the permits for building your home are approved through the city, it’s time to start the construction process!
- You will have a buyer orientation with your project manager before construction begins to go over all details of construction and to go over any customizations or special needs for your home.
- Construction begins! The actual construction process typically takes about 4-6 months, depending on several factors. During this time, you will receive weekly updates from your sales counselor and project manager on the status of your home and what to expect for the next week.
- When the construction is nearing completion, we will be in contact with you and your lender to set a closing date for your new dream home.
- You will do a final walk-through with your project manager once construction is complete to make sure everything is to your liking.
- Get the keys! This is an important chapter in your life, and we are thrilled to share this experience with you!
As you can see, while the home building process has many steps, we are there with you the entire way to educate, inform and share this wonderful experience with you! Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with you and your family.
If you have any specific questions about how to build your dream home in the Dallas/Fort Worth or Waco areas, please don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 866-646-6008